Do you have a WordPress website that needs the ability to accept online payments? Perhaps, you may have a WordPress-based eCommerce website for which you need a payment gateway to start accepting payments.
Whichever the case, this blog post will help you to learn about some of the major payment gateways that you can choose to integrate with your WordPress website.
Let’s get started.
No wonder why PayPal is on the top list of payment gateways when we talk about any WordPress website development.
PayPal is the most renowned and commonly used (by web developers) payment gateway.
Here are but few reasons for you to choose PayPal:
- PayPal signup is free.
- The payment setup is free.
- Most of the WordPress developers are familiar with the integration of PayPal API(s) when required.
- PayPal is popular, so your buyers don’t hesitate to make payments.
- PayPal payments are done on its own platform which simply means that you do not need to worry about the security of your WordPress website.
Due to its user-friendly features, Stripe has become one of the favorite payment gateways for both webmasters and web designers worldwide.
Below are some of the reasons for you to choose Stripe:
- No monthly charges or setup charges.
- Developer-friendly API to customize and integrate with your e-commerce website.
- Transaction rate is comparatively low: 2.9% plus 30 cents
Similar to PayPal, 2Checkout also comes with several options of API integration. If you want your website to have the ability to accept worldwide payment methods, 2Checkout is perhaps the best option for you to go with.
Here are some of the other benefits of using 2Checkout for your WordPress website development:
- No setup fees or monthly payments.
- Several API options.
- 2Checkout facilitates your users to subscribe for recurring payments.
- Mobile payments become easier with 2Checkout.
Last but not least, Authorize.net is also one of the most powerful payment gateways that come with several features for your WordPress website. However, you do need to pay some monthly charges when you use it.
Below are some of the reasons for you to use Authorize.net:
- Similar to 2Checkout, Authorise.net also accepts mobile payments.
- You can set up recurring payments on your WordPress website by using Authorize.net.
- There are many minor customizations that you can do with Authorize.net, without hiring any website developer.
- Authorize.net is PCI compliant and therefore you can easily obtain the SSL certificate.