With the help of a CMS (content management system) platform, one can build an e-commerce website in a few days and sometimes even in a few hours (depending upon the features & functionalities).
As a web design company, we get a lot of queries from our prospects like “which CMS is best for my e-commerce website?” or “why do you choose CMS for e-commerce website development?“.
So, we decided to write a blog post and explain the benefits of a CMS platform. We will also share the 4 best CMS platforms to build an e-commerce store.
Let’s get started.
Wondering about the benefits of using CMS? Here are but 3 major reasons to use CMS for your e-commerce store design:
#1 CMS is affordable
The first & foremost reason to use CMS for any website development is its affordability. Yes, when your web developer chooses a CMS platform, you can easily save more than 30% of your total website development cost.
#2 CMS is scale-able
Most of the CMS platforms are highly scalable. So, you don’t have to worry about your business expansion in the future. According to your specific business requirements, your web developer can help you to customize your CMS website.
#3 CMS is easy-to-manage
The webmasters who have been using CMS for their website development & maintenance can’t even think to live without it. Since a CMS website’s backend is intuitive & user-friendly, webmasters find it quite easy to use.
5 Best CMS To Build E-Commerce Website
Now that you already know the benefits of using CMS for any website development, let’s dive into the best 5 CMS platforms to create an e-commerce website.
When we talk about CMS, WordPress is perhaps the most commonly used & popular platform available on the planet today.
Here are the benefits of using WordPress:
- WordPress is easy to manage.
- WordPress websites are an affordable.
- WordPress websites are easily scale-able.
- WordPress developers are available at affordable cost.
- Most of the WordPress plugins are free.
- Most of the WordPress premium themes are available below $100.
- WordPress blogs are loved by search engines.
Recommended post: 9 Reasons to choose WordPress for eCommerce website development
If you need an e-commerce store that’s comprehensive, fully loaded, and has the ability to connect with other apps & software, Magento is the best option for you.
Here are the benefits of using Magento:
- Magento has the ability to build a comprehensive e-commerce store.
- Magento websites can be integrated with 3rd party software & applications seamlessly.
- Magento framework is modular which means you can easily disable or enable any of the features smoothly.
- Just like WordPress, Magento is SEO-friendly too.
- Magento has the ability to build multiple online stores with a common backend.
- Magento provides cutting-edge technology for tracking & analyzing various dimensions of your store.
Shopify has emerged as one of the favorite CMS platforms for e-commerce website development over the last few years.
Why Shopify is loved by many webmasters:
- Shopify comes with a lot of apps that can be installed to add new features seamlessly.
- Shopify paid themes are elegant and stylish.
- Shopify has a lot of apps that can help you to market your e-commerce website.
- Shopify also offers DIY website development so that one can build his e-commerce store without hiring any website developer however if you need some customizations in your Shopify store, you may need to hire a Shopify developer.
OpenCart is yet another powerful CMS platform that’s commonly used for online store development. It is perhaps one of the oldest and most reliable CMS available to build an e-commerce website hassle-free.
Here are a few but major reasons for choosing OpenCart:
- OpenCart makes it easier to develop an e-commerce store which means either you can build an online store yourself or you can easily get an affordable web developer to create your website.
- OpenCart backend is easy-to-use for newbies.
- There are thousands of extensions & modules available at affordable cost to enhance the functionality of your OpenCart store.
- There are plenty of themes available to use for an OpenCart website that can be switched over with less effort.
- OpenCart website developers are easily available at an affordable cost.
- OpenCart makes it easier for you to build a multi-lingual website.