Although eCommerce websites have been around for more than a decade, there are still many myths about them.
In this blog post, we have shared 6 major myths that people have about e-commerce website development. We’ve also debunked those myths for you.
Let’s get started.
#1 eCommerce website design is expensive
This is the most common myth about e-commerce websites that it takes a lot of money to develop an e-commerce website.
It’s not true at all.
You can easily get an e-commerce website for just $2000. However, when you hire a website designer in India, you may also need to pay less than $1000 to build an e-commerce website.
Especially, when you use WordPress for your e-commerce website development, you can easily save more than 40% of your total web development cost.
#2 eCommerce website development takes time
Many people think that it takes several months to create an e-commerce website, while the fact is that you can set up an online store in a few weeks and sometimes in a few days too.
Yes, it is possible for you to build your e-commerce store in a few days. WordPress can do this for you.
You can choose any of the WordPress plugins like WooCommerce to build an eCommerce website that will not only set up your store quickly but will also save you more than 40% of the development cost.
Recommended Post: 5 Reasons To Use WooCommerce For E-Commerce Website Development
#3 eCommerce website is not easy to manage
Many of our customers ask questions like “who will manage our e-commerce store as we don’t possess technical skills?” or “how much do we need to pay additionally to manage our website?“.
You don’t need to hire any website developer to manage your e-commerce store because you can do it yourself, even if you don’t have any technical knowledge.
With the help of CMS platforms like WordPress & Drupal, we can help you to develop an easy-to-manage e-commerce website.
All you need is an hour of training or a simple manual to follow and start taking control of your website.
Here’s the list of items that you can manage on your e-commerce website:
- Website content & images
- Products content & images
- Discount coupons
- Meta tags (for search engine optimization)
- Customer, sales & orders data
#4 eCommerce web design is a recurring expense
As a website design company in India, we often receive queries like “how much do I need to pay every month or year to maintain my e-commerce website?“.
No, you don’t need to pay any subscription fee to maintain your e-commerce website.
You just need to pay a one-time development cost for your e-commerce website and an annual fee for maintaining the webserver to host your website.
#5 It's difficult to get sales from eCommerce sites
While it’s true that out of every 10 e-commerce websites, only 2 get successful, it’s definitely not rocket science to get sales from an e-commerce store.
All you need to do is:
- Focus on marketing your e-commerce store on social media.
- Hire a website designer who can build a conversion-oriented website.
- Keep your website updated with fresh content.
- Make sure that your e-commerce website is responsive.
- Make sure that your website is compatible with all the major browsers.
- Make sure that you accept all the major payment methods.
Recommended Post: 8 Things To Check In Your E-Commerce Website To Get More Sales
#6 WordPress is not suitable for eCommerce website design
Many people have a common misconception that WordPress is not suitable for e-commerce website design, while the fact is that if you need an affordable e-commerce website, you must choose WordPress.
Why WordPress for your e-commerce website development?
- WordPress is free to use & customize.
- WordPress has lots of plugins that can help you to build a robust store.
- WordPress themes can be changed easily. It means that you can easily redesign your website when you choose WordPress.
- You can find plenty of WordPress developers who can design, redesign or modify your e-commerce website at affordable charges.
Recommended Post: WordPress For Your E-Commerce Website Development