It is no more a hidden secret that a website can help small businesses to grow their revenue & clientele.
There are many benefits that you can get when you build a website. Below are a few of them:
- A website helps you to get an online presence.
- A website can help you to reach a mass audience.
- A website can enable website visitors to contact you through a form.
- You can also transform your website into a customer care tool with the help of a live chat feature.
- A website can help you to manage your customers’ & prospects’ data efficiently.
Recommended post: 5 Major reasons for you to create a website
Now, with so many benefits, you can’t simply miss out on creating a website for your small business. But just building a website is not enough. You also need to get more business out of it.
Creating a website is not a big deal these days. You can easily hire an affordable web developer and create your website. Additionally, you can also hire a website builder in India to reduce the cost of your website development.
However, to empower yourself to grow your business online, you need to have an outstanding website. But the question is “How can you create an outstanding website to get more business?”.
In this blog post, we have shared 5 basic yet useful tips that you or your website developer can implement in order to develop an outstanding website in 2021.
Let’s get started!
#1 Get a clean website design
If you are creating a website for the first time, you may be overwhelmed with dozens of ideas to add different features to your website. But that’s exactly what you need to avoid.
You don’t have to put together all the ideas on your website in the first go. Because if you do so, you may end up building a complicated website that may not be user-friendly for your targeted audience. As a result, you will get a high bounce rate & low conversions.
What’s the takeaway?
Ask your website developer to keep the design of your website as minimal as possible.
Gradually, you can add different features to it according to the users’ behavior on your website (which you can track through a web analytic tool such as Google Analytics).
Below are some other factors to consider for your website design:
- All the fonts must be consistently used.
- All the fonts must have the proper size, spacing, padding, etc. on both desktops and mobiles.
- The white space must be used properly throughout the website.
- The website design must be compatible with all mobile devices & browsers.
#2 Get a blog
Are you wondering how can a blog help your website? Well, the most important benefit that you get with a blog is a high user-engagement rate.
Other than the high user engagement, there are several other reasons for you to add a blog section to your website.
Below are some of the major reasons for you to maintain a blog on your website:
- A blog can help your website to get organic traffic.
- A blog can get your users engaged with your website.
- A blog can help you to become an authority in your niche.
- You can use your blog to resolve the queries of your targeted audience.
- A blog can help you to get more leads & conversions.
So, if you want an outstanding website in 2021, do ask your website builder to add a blog section.
Recommended post: The 8 benefits of adding a blog to your eCommerce website
#3 Take care of mobiles
Yes, we have talked about the importance of responsiveness for a website many times on our website, but here we will talk beyond it.
Recommended post: 6 Reasons why your e-commerce website must have a responsive design
A real responsive website design is not just to satisfy the devices, but your users too. If your website is responsive on all devices but your users are still not able to browse seamlessly, it won’t help you much.
How can your website developer create a responsive & user-friendly website?
Below are some of the important factors that are required to make a website really responsive:
- Flexible images
- Flexible content
- Prominent call-to-action elements
- Easy navigation
- Loading speed
Recommended post: 7 Important things to take care of the responsiveness of a website
#4 Add a live chat
Adding a live chat to your website can also make your website stand out from the competition.
Wondering why should you use a live chat feature on your business website?
Below are some of the great benefits that you will get when your web developer integrates a live chat feature:
- You get more conversions when your customers are able to chat with you directly.
- A live chat is beneficial for collecting your customer’s data.
- It can also serve you as a customer care tool.
- Some of the chat tools also provide you with an option to automate the chat process. In other words, you can leverage AI (Artificial Intelligence) when you integrate live chat with your website.
- A live chat widget helps you to reduce the bounce rate of your website.
Recommended post: 9 Reasons to integrate live chat feature with your eCommerce website
#5 Take care of speed
No matter how good your website looks on desktops and mobile, if your website takes a lot of time to download, your users may quit your website immediately.
It is, therefore, important to optimize the loading speed of your website.
How can you check the loading speed of your website?
You can use any of the reliable online tools such as https://tools.pingdom.com to check the loading speed.
How can your website developer optimize the loading speed of your website?
Below are some of the effective ways in which your website builder can optimize the loading speed of your website:
- Minifying the CSS & JS files.
- Enabling Gzip compression.
- Optimizing all the images on your website.
- Installing a cache plugin with your website.
Recommended post: 7 Ways to speed up your WordPress website