When you want to create a website for your business, there is one question that you may ask yourself “Should I hire a website developer to build my website or should I do it myself?“.
In this blog post, we have shared some information that will help you to decide whether you should build a website yourself or you should hire a website developer to do this job.
The decision to build the website yourself or hire a professional developer primarily depends on your budget. If your budget is not too high, you can learn basic website development skills and create a website yourself. However, if you don’t want to get into the troubles or challenges of website development and have a budget to build your website, it’s good to hire a website developer who can do the website design job well.
If your budget is too low and you still don’t want to do it yourself, you can also consider hiring a freelance website developer or hiring a website developer in India who can create a website at an affordable cost.
#2 Technical skills
Do you have the required technical skills that are required to build a website? If yes, then there is no doubt that you can create a website yourself. It will be just a matter of time before you will have to put on your website building.
Even if you have a little technical knowledge you can still learn how to create a website using WordPress CMS which will also help you to save your web design cost. All you need is some time.
However, you don’t have any technical skills at all, you must seek the assistance of a professional website builder. There is no point to create an unprofessional website that doesn’t serve any purpose for your business.
What kind of quality you are expecting for your website? If you don’t want to compromise on the quality of your website, you should hire a professional website developer. When your business growth is largely dependent on your website, it won’t be a good idea to create it yourself especially if you don’t have the required skills.
However, if you just want a website for the sake of being online, you can try to build it on your own as it will save on your website design cost.
If you need a website quickly but you don’t know how to build it, then you must hire a professional & reliable website developer who can help you to finish the website development in the required timeline. But if you have no time constraints and you have all the time to learn the website development, you can try building your site on your own.
What skills you must have to build a website?
- Internet browsing: There are many CMS platforms that you can use to create a website quickly & efficiently however you still need some basic internet browsing skills to find the themes and plugins that you can use with your CMS website.
- Basic CMS skills: You must know how the CMS backend works. You will be required to add new pages to your website and manage other pages at the same time. So, when you know how the CMS backend works, it will be easier for you to manage your website.
- Basic HTML & CSS: Now here comes the technical part. Sometimes, you may be required to make some changes to the theme of your website to change its appearance according to your specific needs. To make these changes, you must know the basic HTML & CSS skills.
What are the best platforms to create a website?
If you are a beginner and want to build a website yourself, you can use easy-to-use website builders such as Wix or WordPress.
WordPress is one of the most popular content management systems available and there’s a reason for that. If you’re not a developer, then we recommend using WordPress because it allows you to add great features to your website.
Within the WordPress dashboard, there are thousands of plugins that allow you to add a variety of features to your site without having to touch any code.
Below are some of the major reasons to use WordPress for website development:
- WordPress is a free-to-use CMS.
- WordPress themes are nominally charged and are available for as low as $60.
- Most WordPress plugins are free.
- It takes just a few minutes to set up a WordPress website.
- There is no scarcity of WordPress developers for hire.
How much does a website developer charge?
If you are living in a country like Canada, Australia, the UK, or the USA, your local web developers may charge a few thousand dollars to build a professional website. However, if you hire a website developer in India, you will have to pay a few hundred only.
A web developer in India may charge you as low as $400 to create a business website, while for the eCommerce website development, you may have to pay $800 or more to your Indian website builder.
Recommended post: How much is the website design cost in India?
Why should you hire a website developer in India?
Now that you know how affordable it is to hire a website developer in India as compared to hiring a local website developer in the countries like USA or Canada, let’s see what are the other reasons for you to engage an Indian website builder.
Below are some of the benefits, other than the affordability, that you get when you hire a website designer or developer in India:
- Communication: Most Indian web developers are good at communication which means you can easily convey your ideas and feedback to your Indian developer.
- Great support: Did you know that there are many website development companies in India that offer 24/7 support to their clients? Yes, you can easily find such an Indian website design company that can work according to your own timezone.
- Multi-skills: Indian website developers are well known for their multiple skills. For example, when you hire a WordPress builder in India, he may also know PHP coding, CSS, & AJAX technologies.
- Long-term association: Website development is not a one-time event. Even after your website completion, you will need the assistance of a website developer. Being affordable, Indian website development companies are a good option to engage for website maintenance as well.
Recommended post: Is the low cost the only reason to hire a website developer in India?
Tips to hire a reliable website developer in India
Not all the website developers in India are the same. You may happen to hire one of the best website designers in India however there are also some chances that not be able to get a reliable website developer to build your website. How to be sure that your shortlisted website developer is an ideal candidate for your website development?
Well, below are some of the tips for you to hire a website developer in India:
- Check their experience
- Check their past works
- Check out their support
- Check out their project understanding