Do you need a website but are not sure how to go about it and how to hire a web designer?
Perhaps you’ve heard that hiring Indian website builders can save you a lot of money on your website development but you don’t know the process of outsourcing your project.
In this blog post, we’ve shared 3 major steps involved in building a website in India. Right from requesting a quote to the selection of the right web developer in India, you will find several tips here.
Let’s get started.
#1 Requesting for a web design quote
This is perhaps the first step to building your website. Yes, you do need to search for different options available for web designers or web development companies in India. Shortlist a few and request them for a quote.
Below are a few tips that you must consider while seeking a web design quote:
- Introduce yourself, your company, and your services.
- Mention your idea of building a website. Every person or business needs a website for different reasons. You must define your reason too.
- Send some reference websites or your competitors’ websites for your web developer to get an idea about your expected results.
- Define the sitemap that you intend to have on your new website. If you want to revamp your existing website, you must define the additional sections or links that you want for your new website.
- Provide your contact details and specify the best mode & time to discuss. If you don’t want your web developers to call you, mention that as well.
- If you have a tight budget to build your website, mention it in order to save time.
- If you have a tight deadline, mention it too.
Recommended post: How much is the average website design cost in India
#2 Shortlist best web developer in India
Once you send your requirements to a few Indian web design companies or web developers, you may get a lot of proposals and quotations. How to choose the best one?
Here are some of the important qualities that you must look out for to hire a web developer in India:
- Technical: The first and foremost prerequisite of any web developer is their technical skills.
– Which platform(s) do they work on?
– Which technology do they use?
– How those technologies and platforms can serve you better than other options?
Find out the answers to the above questions before shortlisting a web developer.
- Turnaround time: Having great skillsets is not a sufficient reason to hire a web developer in India. You must check out their response time too. How quickly do they respond to your queries?
- Communication skills: Is your shortlisted Indian web developer able to communicate with you effectively? If not, do not make the mistake of hiring them just because of their affordable quotes. Having good communication skills is more important than the low cost of website development.
- Portfolio: Before you shortlist a website builder, you must check their past works. If the quality of their previous works matches your expectations, only then you must consider hiring them.
- Customer testimonials: What do others say about your shortlisted website developer? About the quality of their works and post-development support. You do need to know the qualities of your web developer before hiring them.
- Experience: How much experience does your web developer have? When it comes to website development, experience matters a lot. If your web developer has more than 5 years of experience, he can handle any kind of challenges that may occur during your website development.
- Cost: Getting an affordable website is a primary reason to hire Indian website builders and therefore, you must still prefer a developer who has got more than 5 years of experience, has the required skillsets and has quoted you a reasonable price.
Recommended post: 8 Things to check before you hire a website coder or programmer in India
#3 Final step
After you shortlist the best web developer, the next step is to get started and finish your website development.
Below are the steps that you may follow to complete your website development:
- Set up a call: After you shortlist your web developer, you must conduct a call in order to discuss your project in detail and se tup different milestones.
- Agree upon payment terms: During the call with your web developer, you can also discuss and agree on a payment structure that’s acceptable to both parties.
- Create milestones: Split your project into different milestones and assign a deadline to each milestone. For example, you may define your milestones as below:
– Final testing
- Pay the deposit: After both the parties (you and your web developer) have agreed on the milestones and payment structure, now it’s time for you to pay the deposit amount to get started.
- Website review: After your website builder has finished the development, you can start testing your website and provide your developer with feedback.
- Going live: After satisfactory testing & reviewing of your website is done, you can ask your web developer to make your website live.
Recommended post: 5 Tips to work with Indian website builders successfully