It is undoubtedly true that a website has become an inevitable part of any business. No matter how small or big your business is, you definitely need a website.
But the objective to build a website could vary from business to business. In other words, not all businesses develop their websites for the same reason.
In this blog post, we’ve shared 5 objectives that a website could be built upon.
#1 To get online presence
This is where the majority of website owners live. Believe it or not, most webmasters don’t care about anything but building their websites for just being online.
Below are some of the reasons why they think they must have an online presence:
- Their competitors also have a website.
- To print their website name on their business cards.
- To create their corporate emails.
- Their customers want to know about them through their website.
For this first group, having a basic corporate website is sufficient. If you too, fall in this group, you can easily get your company website for as low as $600.
#2 To get leads & enquiries
The business owners who understand that a website can help them to grow their business by attracting a targeted audience always aim to get more leads & enquiries from their websites.
This kind of companies fall into below 2 major categories:
- They provide professional services and need a website to reach out mass audience who need these services.
- They sell high-value products for which they need potential buyers and building their websites help them to get enquiries from prospects who may become their paid customers.
What kind of website is suitable for this group?
A professional business website to showcase their products & services along with an enquiry form for the users to submit.
Recommended post: 5 Things to take care of while building your first business website
#3 To get online sales
Businesses that sell products, need a website to get online sales.
Just having a basic corporate website won’t solve their purpose. To achieve this, they need an e-commerce store.
An e-commerce website helps retail businesses to publish their products on the website and allow their potential buyers to pay online & place their orders.
Here are some of the major benefits of having an e-commerce website:
- Developing an e-commerce website is affordable as compared to setting up a brick-n-mortar store.
- Through an e-commerce website, even small businesses can advertise their products massively on the platforms like Google & Facebook.
- Maintaining an e-commerce website is much easier & affordable as compared to running a brick-n-mortar store.
You can easily get an e-commerce website for as low as $1000 if you hire a professional web developer in India.
Recommended post: 8 Things to check in your e-commerce website to get more sales
#4 To create awareness
Some businesses need a website to create awareness about their services or products.
For example, if you provide a unique service or product that’s not yet available in the market, you will have to create awareness first. You will need to educate your potential users about the need & importance of your services or products and how you can help them to make their lives better.
To achieve this awareness, you need a website. You can write about your unique concept on your website and then advertise your website through various effective channels like Google, Facebook, etc
These kinds of mini websites are also known as landing pages. A landing webpage is designed to focus on a single set of concepts, services, or products.
This is the reason that most mobile application businesses have a landing page where they write about their mobile apps and provide links to download them too.
#5 To share thoughts
Some individuals or companies need a platform to share their thoughts, experiences, and opinions with the world. So, they opt to create a blog where they can express their thoughts.
There are several other benefits of creating & maintaining a blog:
- A blog helps you to position yourself in the industry.
- A blog helps you to establish a 2-way communication with your intended audience.
- A blog can help you to get sales, leads & inquiries too.
- A blog helps you to stay ahead of your competition.
Usually, Indian web developers can build a professional blog for not more than $600.