A Content Management System (CMS) is a type of software that allows you to create and edit pages on your website without having to know any code.
There are many different types of CMS, but the two most popular ones are known as WordPress and Drupal.
There are a lot of reasons why more and more people are choosing CMS websites for their business.
- You can easily update your website without having any technical skills.
- Redesigning becomes easier with CMS.
- CMS can help you to boost your marketing with minimum effort.
- CMS website development is quick. So, if you need a website in a lesser timeframe, you must choose a CMS such as WordPress.
- CMS is affordable. Most of the CMS platforms are available free to use however you may have to hire a CMS website developer to make necessary customizations. Again, there are hundreds of affordable CMS developers in India who can help you to build or redesign your CMS website at a reasonable cost.
- Maintaining a CMS-driven website is much easier than custom-coded websites.
- It’s easy to secure a CMS-based website with the help of a plugin, module, or app.
- With a CMS website, you don’t have to worry about updating the codes because you can easily get the updated patches and integrate them with your site.
But you may ask some questions like “Which CMS is good for my website development?“, “What should I consider while choosing a CMS?“, or “Is WordPress a perfect CMS for my website development?“.
In this blog post, we have shared 5 things that you must check in a CMS before you decide upon it.
Also, we have shared a few reasons why WordPress is a great CMS for your website development.
#1 Ease of use
Ease of use is incredibly important while choosing the CMS for your website development. If you’re not the most tech-savvy person in the room, then you definitely don’t want to be stuck with a complicated system that you’re not able to update yourself.
The CMS of your website should be easy to use, have an intuitive interface and help you organize and build your website easily.
When it comes to the ease-of-use and intuitive backend, WordPress is the #1 choice for all webmasters.
Even if you are a layman and don’t understand technical jargon, you can still manage your website using WordPress CMS.
When you choose WordPress for your website development, you can easily:
- Add, edit, or manage the web pages.
- Add or edit blog posts.
- Add new plugins to your website.
- Take regular backups of your website.
- Upload new images and manage the links of your site.
While choosing a Content Management System (CMS) for your website, scalability is one of the most important factors to consider.
Scalability is the ability of the technology to handle changes in its size and volume at a later date.
You can start with minimum features on your website but as your business grows, you may want to add more features to your website. It is therefore important for you to choose a CMS that’s scalable & flexible.
WordPress is one of the best CMS that allows you to scale up your website. You can easily hire a WordPress developer who can help you to add new functions to your site.
There are hundreds of experienced WordPress developers in India that you can hire to enhance the features of your existing website.
Hiring Indian WordPress developers can tremendously slash down your website design cost.
In today’s digital world, security is one of the most important aspects of website development.
You need to choose a CMS that is easy enough for you to use and which is secure enough for your needs.
If your website is hacked or if your contact information is leaked onto the internet, it can have a huge negative impact on your business.
So when you’re choosing a Content Management System (CMS) for your business, security should be one of your top considerations.
If you really need a secured CMS platform to build your website, you may want to choose a CMS like Drupal which is open source and which has a large community of developers.
Drupal is also constantly being updated and patched and you get free security updates with the software.
Investment is perhaps the most important thing for startups and small business owners.
If you too are on a budget, you must choose your CMS platform wisely.
There are many things that people usually ignore while selecting a CMS for their website development such as:
- The cost to host the CMS.
- The cost to purchase the plugins, modules, apps, or extensions.
- The cost to redesign a website.
- The cost to purchase and customize the themes.
- The cost to hire a specialized website developer.
If you want to save your website development cost and maintenance cost, you must choose WordPress.
Additionally, as mentioned earlier, you can find an abundance of WordPress developers in India who can help you to build a low-cost website.
#5 Availability of developers
Another great benefit of using CMS for your website development is the availability of web developers who can work on CMS.
You can find tons of options to choose from & engage a CMS developer for your website development or website redesigning.
How can a CMS developer in India help you?
- Building a new website using a CMS like WordPress or Drupal.
- Creating an eCommerce website using WooCommerce (WordPress), OpenCart, or Magento.
- Redesigning your existing CMS website.
- Fixing bugs & issues on your CMS website. You can easily hire a CMS developer in India to fix the issues on your WordPress or Drupal websites.
- Maintaining or upgrading your CMS website at a reasonable cost.
Recommended post: 9 Questions to ask before hiring a web developer in India
Why WordPress is the best CMS for your website development?
WordPress is the most popular CMS (content management system) in the world.
There are millions of WordPress websites online and hundreds of thousands of WordPress plugins that allow you to do pretty much anything you can imagine with your website.
If you don’t have a website, WordPress is the best way to get one up and running quickly and easily.
#1 WordPress is scalable
WordPress is a great CMS for website development because it allows scalability.
There are hundreds of plugins that your website maker can integrate with your website and enhance its features.
#2 WordPress is easy to use
One of the major reasons for the popularity of WordPress CMS is that it’s easy to use.
WordPress CMS comes with an intuitive backend that allows you to manage the contents of your website yourself, without having any technical knowledge or skills.
#3 WordPress is good for SEO
The architecture of WordPress CMS is SEO-friendly which means it’s easier to rank a WordPress website on search engines.
Additionally, there is plenty of SEO plugins that you can use with your WordPress site. For example, you can use the ‘Yoast SEO’ plugin to make your website SEO-friendly.
#4 WordPress is affordable
Because of the popularity of WordPress CMS, there are tons of website developers who work on WordPress CMS. This simply means that you can get a reasonable quote for your website development.
You can also consider hiring a WordPress developer in India to create your website at a low cost.
If you are wondering how much does it cost to create a website in India, here’s good news for you!
Most Indian website builders will charge you as low as $500 to create a corporate/company website however for an eCommerce website development, Indian developers may charge you as low as $1000.
#5 WordPress is easy to redesign
When you use WordPress to create your website, you don’t have to worry about redesigning.
Redesigning a WordPress website is a lot easier than a custom-coded website. There are hundreds of professional themes that you can integrate with your WordPress website to change its look & feel.
The best part is that most of these themes are available either free of cost or are nominally charged.
Are you looking for an affordable WordPress development company in India? Get in touch with us for a quote!