If you run a business, you definitely need a web developer to create your website and if you already have a website, you still need a web developer to maintain it.
Website development is not a one-time thing. You can’t develop it, shut it and forget it. It demands regular maintenance.
Hiring a full-time website developer to maintain a website may cost you a lot. Therefore, you must always outsource your website maintenance to a web development company. And if you have a tight budget, you can also consider hiring Indian website builders to build & maintain your website.
In this blog post, we have shared 5 ways in which Indian website builders can take care of your website.
#1 Updating plugins & themes
A WordPress website runs using several plugins and a theme.
These plugins and themes need to be upgraded to their latest versions. Failing to update plugins & theme of a WordPress website can lead to several serious consequences like:
- Slow-down of the website’s loading speed.
- Risk of potential security threats like hacking, viruses & malicious codes.
- Abnormal functioning of some or all the website features.
When you hire a WordPress developer in India, he or she can maintain your website regularly so that you don’t have to face any of the above issues.
#2 Securing your website
Has your WordPress website been hacked ever?
We can understand how frustrating it can be when your website gets hacked.
It’s not about WordPress only. All kinds of websites on the internet are vulnerable to hacking attempts. WordPress, being one of the most popular CMS’s available on the planet today, has always been the target of all hackers.
But the good news is that by maintaining your WordPress website regularly, you can protect it from most of the potential security threats.
Your Indian website builder can help you to protect your website from some of the serious consequences such as:
- SQL injections
- Cross-site scripting
- Security misconfiguration
- Cross-site request forgery
Recommended post: 7 Tips to secure your e-commerce website
#3 Ensuring the website loading speed
The slow loading speed of your WordPress website can affect you in 2 major ways:
- It can affect your SEO rankings because Google and other search engines penalize websites that load slowly.
- Your website visitors stop revisiting your website and don’t buy from you.
In simpler words, a slow-loading website can directly affect the revenue of your business.
What could cause your website to load slow?
Well, there could be several reasons that could affect the loading speed of your website. Some of them mentioned are below:
- Too many WordPress plugins installed.
- Images are not optimized.
- Slow server response time.
- GZIP compression not enabled.
- WordPress version is not updated.
#4 Testing & fixing for broken links
Why do broken links matter and how can they affect your website.
- Broken links can affect the SEO rankings of your website.
- Broken links can affect the user experience of your website.
There are many tools to check the broken links on your website such as https://www.brokenlinkcheck.com/
Why do broken links happen?
- When you delete some of your webpages but their links still exist on other pages of your website.
- When you or your website developer uses the wrong page URL to link from any phrase, menu or image.
Again, when you engage Indian website builders, they can help you to identify the broken links and fix them.
#5 Providing support to fix errors
Having a website developer always onboard to provide you with all-time support can help you to recover your website from any kind of errors & bugs.
No matter, how well your website has been developed and tested, there may always be some chances that you will face some issues & bugs. Therefore, you must hire a web developer for your website maintenance who can always help you during hard times.
Engaging a website developer may not be possible for all webmasters, especially small business owners. But there are plenty of choices to hire web developers in India who can assist you to maintain your website at a reasonable cost.
Recommended post: 22 Common WordPress errors and their solutions