Are you looking to create a website for your business? Perhaps you may be looking to hire a professional website builder in India to create your website efficiently.
Whichever the case, this blog post may help you.
To get the most out of your website, you must ensure that your website has been set up & developed without any critical error.
In this blog post, we have shared 5 website setup mistakes that you or your Indian website builder should avoid.
By taking care of these possible mistakes, your developer can ensure that your website’s foundation is strong.
Let’s dive in.
#1 Lack of planning
Like any other important investment or project, your website development also needs proper planning. Like they say “Success begins with planning“.
In other words, planning is imperative for successful website development.
But sadly, most webmasters & website developers never put the time to plan the website development.
What are the benefits of website planning?
- You save time & money.
- You know the expected outcome.
- You can avoid disappointments.
- You get better results.
- You get to know the milestones & timeframes of your project.
- You can add or eliminate the required features from the beginning.
What are the elements that you must plan your website for?
- The overall objective of your website development.
- Target audience (demographic details, preferences, choices, etc. of your users).
- Required content for each page of your website.
- Your SEO or other online marketing plans for the website.
- Sitemap creation that includes all the important pages & categories of your website.
#2 Selection of wrong CMS
Although there are many CMS platforms that you can choose to create your website, selecting the right one is crucial for laying the solid foundation of your website development.
A CMS platform must be chosen according to your existing business requirements & future expansion plans.
If you don’t consider the possibility of future expansion, you may have to build your website from scratch which will unnecessarily increase the cost of your website development.
Of course, your Indian website builder can suggest an appropriate CMS for building your website.
Here are some of the factors that a website developer considers while choosing or proposing the right CMS platform for you:
- Availability of plugins & modules according to your requirements.
- The complexity of the backend is based on your specific needs.
- Your own technical skills to handle the website management.
- How important is security for your project?
- How many webpages or products do you intend to have on your website.
- What’s your website design budget.
- Whether you want to integrate some 3rd party software or tools with your website.
Recommended post: Why CMS & what are the best CMSs to create an eCommerce store
#3 Selection of wrong hosting
Web hosting plays an important role in the success of any website.
To lay a solid foundation for any website, it’s crucial to choose an appropriate web hosting company & hosting package.
As an experienced web design company in India, we have come across many such cases where the website was wonderfully done, but because of the poor web hosting services, the website was not able to perform well.
Based on his experience, your website builder can suggest to you a reliable web hosting company and an appropriate web hosting package to support your website features seamlessly.
Before you choose any web hosting company, do make sure to check:
- The overall experience & existence duration of the company.
- The unbiased reviews of their existing customers.
- The server location of your web hosting provider.
- The turnaround time to answer your questions & queries.
- The technical specifications of the server which you may share with your developer.
- The availability of technical staff of your shortlisted website hosting company.
#4 Selection of wrong theme
The theme of a website decides its appearance & structure. Therefore, it won’t be wrong to say that a theme can either make or break your website.
While there are hundreds of options available for your website developer to select a theme for your CMS website development, running the shortlisted themes through rigorous testing is very important.
Below are some of the checkpoints that your website developer in India can go through before choosing an appropriate theme:
- Check the loading speed of the theme.
- Check the reviews of the existing users of that theme.
- Check the last updated date of the theme.
- Check the responsiveness of the theme before using it for website development.
#5 Selection of wrong plugins
The plugins or modules help your website developers to integrate the required features quickly & seamlessly.
Whether you want to add an appointment booking feature on your website or image sliders to make your site look beautiful, it can be done with the help of an appropriate plugin.
You name the feature and you will get a plugin for it.
But just like the themes, using the correct plugins for your website development is also important.
Using wrong or faulty plugins can give you long-term pain.
It is, therefore, the responsibility of your Indian website builder to make sure that he uses only those plugins that are reliable, recently updated, and loved by other users too.
Although with the rise in usage & availability of different CMS platforms like WordPress, the website development cost in India has gone down, the quality still matters.
If your website is not set up & developed on certain guidelines, you may not be able to get the most out of your website in terms of fully-functional features, conversions, & traffic on your website.