Do you run a webshop and looking for some tips & ideas to increase your online sales?
Or perhaps, you are planning to build a new webshop but are not sure about the required features that your online store must have.
In this blog post, we have shared 7 essential characteristics that a webshop must have in order to generate desired sales & revenue.
#1 Responsive design
Having a responsive website design for any webshop is not a fancy requirement anymore. It’s rather mandatory.
What does a responsive design do?
In responsive design, your webshop would automatically adjust according to a device’s screen size (large or small) & the device’s orientation (landscape or portrait). As a result, your webshop looks great not only on desktops but on smart devices too.
Here are a few major reasons why your webshop must have a responsive design:
- Enhanced user-experience
- Higher conversion rates
- Enhanced SEO rankings
- Quick loading of webpages on different devices
Therefore, if you really want to grab more sales from your online webshop, you must ensure that your web developer has used a responsive design.
Recommended post: What are the benefits of responsive website design?
#2 Quick loading speed
Various studies have shown that slow-loading webshops tend to lose a lot of sales. A slow-loading website not only turns away customers but also causes an adverse impact on the business overall.
Before hiring any web developer, you must ensure that he is capable of building websites with optimized loading speed.
Optimizing your webshop for its loading speed will give you several benefits:
- Better user experience
- Decrease in bounce rate
- Better positions in search engine ranking
- More traffic
- Better revenue collection
Recommended post: 7 Ways To Speed-Up The Loading Speed Of A WordPress Website
#3 High-resolution images
The product images can be considered the backbone of any webshop.
High-resolution images can encourage website visitors to buy the products while low-quality images can turn the users away.
Here are some tips for you to use product images on your webshop:
- Use high-quality images.
- Let users zoom in.
- Use multiple images for each product.
- Use product-in-use in your images.
- Show product features on the image if it allows.
- Take care of the specifications of your images on mobiles.
- Optimize your product images so that they don’t ruin the loading speed.
#4 Product copywriting
Product copyrighting is equally important as the quality of your product images. No matter how good the quality of your product images is, if the users don’t have enough reasons for them to buy your products, they won’t become your paid customers.
Here are some tips for you to write effective copywriting for your webshop.
- Keep it informative yet easy to scan.
- Use keywords wisely, don’t overdo them.
- Keep the users in mind.
- Focus on the benefits of your products.
- Double-check for grammar and spelling mistakes.
#5 No hidden charges
Have you ever encountered a webshop where the price mentioned on the product page was different than the checkout page price? It could be because of some surcharge or convenience charges.
Whatever the case is, when users find uninformed price differences on any website, they feel cheated and quit immediately.
Don’t let this happen to you.
Make sure that there are no hidden charges on your webshop. Even if you want to charge something additional as a service charge, you must mention this upfront on the product page.
#6 Security protocols
The security of any webshop is perhaps one of the most important things that every webmaster must take care of.
Why security is important for any webshop?
Without the existence & implementation of appropriate security protocols, the webshop owners may put themselves and also their customers at risk for payment fraud.
Secondly, various studies have shown that e-commerce stores that don’t have security seals fail to win the confidence of their users and as a result, they get a lower number of sales.
What are the different ways in which an Indian website builder can help to secure your webshop:
- Running the webshop in SSL (https://).
- Updating all the plugins and themes of your webshop regularly.
- Updating the core software version of your webshop regularly.
- Showcasing necessary security seals on the website for the users to see.
#7 Easy checkout
The most important part of any webshop is its checkout process. If the checkout process is easier & intuitive, your webshop will get a lower order abandonment rate however if the checkout process is complicated & confusing, most of your orders may go abandoned.
How can a web developer ensure that the checkout process of any webshop is user-friendly:
- Creating a one-page checkout form.
- Asking for minimum yet required fields on the checkout page.
- Allowing the users to go to the checkout page at any point in time.
- After every product is added to the cart, the users must have the option to go to the checkout page or continue shopping.
- Including multiple payments & shipping options for the users to choose from.
- Displaying trust seals on the checkout page.
- Incorporating the live chat option on the checkout page.
Recommended post: 6 Effective ways to get more sales from your mobile checkout