WordPress is one of the most popular and commonly used CMS to build websites.
Because of its easy-to-use interface and ability to build a website quickly, WordPress is a favourite not only among webmasters but web developers as well.
If you too have been using WordPress for your website, you will find this blog post useful.
Here, we are going to share 5 tips to improve your WordPress websites.
#1 Organise It Well
Organizing your WordPress website folder is very crucial for its better performance.
Since WordPress websites run on theme & plugins, and a single WordPress website development may require several plugins, it’s important to maintain them well regularly.
Similarly, upgrading & maintaining the latest version of core WordPress CMS is essential too.
Here are some tips to organize your WordPress website:
- Publish or delete your comments & trackbacks.
- Uninstall unused themes.
- Uninstall unused plugins.
- Update your theme & plugins regularly
#2 Secure It
Another way to improve your WordPress website is to secure it.
With the growing popularity of WordPress, the number of its hackers has also increased a lot.
Therefore, it’s always advised to secure a WordPress website.
Below are some of the activities that you can do to secure your WordPress website well:
- Updating the theme & plugins of your website
- Upgrading the WordPress version regularly
- Taking regular backup of your website and database
- Change the default /wp-admin/ URL
- Change the default “admin” username
- Choose a strong passer for the admin login
#3 Make It SEO-Friendly
Implementing on-page SEO strategies is also one of the ways to improve your WordPress website. Since SEO is one of the effective yet affordable mediums to get organic traffic on any website, you can’t afford to miss it.
Here are some of the efficient ways to make your WordPress website SEO-Friendly
- Installing & integrating a reliable SEO plugin such as Yoast SEO
- Configuring permalink correctly to generate SEO-friendly URLs
- Taking care of the responsiveness of your WordPress website to boost its SEO score
- Optimizing images on the website for SEO
- Creating a sitemap
- Using Google Analytics
- Making content shareable
Recommended Post: 6 Things that a WordPress developer can do for your website SEO
#4 Prioritise The Speed
Speed is considered one of the essential criteria for the success of any website.
Quick loading websites always outrank the websites that take a longer time to load. Hence, the speed must be top on the priority list of improving your website.
Below are some of the ways in which you can optimize the loading speed of your WordPress website:
- Installing a cache plugin like “W3 Total Cache”
- Removing redundant plugins
- Updating theme & plugins regularly
- Optimizing images for speed
- Using CDN
Recommended Post: 7 Ways to speed up the loading speed of your WordPress website
#5 Populate It
Just developing a website is not enough. If you really want to get more traffic & sales from your website, you must populate it with informative and interesting content.
Perhaps, having a blog on your WordPress website & writing regular blog posts can do wonders. The key is to write regularly.
Blogging can help your website improve in the below ways:
Getting higher rankings on search engines
- Making your content shareable
- Increasing sales because modern users want to read stories before buying
- Helping users understand more about your products & services
- Blogging helps you to become an authority in your niche
Recommended Post: 5 Benefits of blogging for your e-commerce website