Hiring an Indian web developer is the most cost-effective way to create a website. If you live in the countries like America, United Kingdom, Canada, or Australia, you know how much does it cost to hire a web developer.
But if you hire a website developer in India, you can easily save more than 30% of your overall website development budget.
If you are still not sure why you should hire Indian web developers to build your website, below are some of the major reasons to hire them:
- Indian web developers are affordable and easily available.
- Indian web developers are good at communication.
- Most Indian web developers are good at SEO because their team also offers SEO services.
- Most Indian website designers can work according to their clients’ timezone.
- You can trust Indian web developers to work with you in the long run.
But as they say, not all the fingers are the same. The same is the case with Indian website developers too.
Hiring an Indian developer is not a guaranteed way to create a successful website at an affordable cost.
There are a few cases where you may end up wasting your time & money hiring a web developer in India and getting nothing in return.
In this blog post, we have discussed a few situations when hiring a web developer in India can be expensive for you.
Let’s get started!
#1 When you hire a wrong developer
This is a no-brainer situation. When you hire the wrong web developer, you are certain to get disappointed and lose your money and time.
As a result, you may have to hire another developer to complete your project. This means you may pay more than your expected budget to complete your website.
If you want to know how should you make sure that you are hiring a reliable web developer from India, below are some of the useful tips for you.
- Make sure to check the portfolio (past works) of your shortlisted developer.
- Check the communication skills of your shortlisted Indian developer before you hire him.
- Check out their support & availability.
- Check out their pricing strategy.
- Check out their clients’ testimonials.
- Check out their experience and existence.
- Check out their project understanding.
Recommended post: 7 Checkpoints for hiring a website builder in India
#2 When you don't know what you want
Before you hire any Indian web developer to build or redesign your website, you must know what exactly you want.
If you don’t know what you need from your website or web developer, you may end up losing your money & time.
Here are a few things that you must know or ask yourself before even you contact a website developer in India:
- How do you want to showcase your services or products? Do you want to sell your services or products at affordable rates or do you want to establish yourself as a premium seller?
- Who are your competitors? Is there anything that you can borrow from your competitor’s websites or is there anything that you can add to your website to make it look outstanding?
- How much do you want to spend on your website development? In other words, how much is your total web design budget?
- How soon do you need your website to be completed? Do you have ample time or do you have a strict timeline?
- What’s your technical expertise? Do you want your web developer to manage & maintain your website or you can take control of your website once your web developer completes his job?
- Are there any special or complicated features that you want to integrate with your website? If yes, you need to share them with your Indian website builder.
When you don’t know what exactly you need for your website, you may not be able to convey your requirements to your Indian developer.
As a result, you may get unpleasant surprises and unexpected output from your developer.
Therefore, you must always make sure that your Indian web developer knows about your preferences, choices, and expectations.
Perhaps, it would be a great idea if you can share some reference websites with your developer to show him what exactly you need.
Recommended post: 5 Core skills that your Indian website developer should have
#3 When you don't communicate regulalry
Communication is required at every stage of your website development. Right from the beginning when you hire the developer, provide feedback, or test the website before the deployment, you need to communicate with your developer effectively.
Communication is the key to your success as a web developer.
When you don’t communicate with your Indian developer, it can end up with a bad product. If you don’t understand what your developer is doing, then you may end up with a website that doesn’t do what you want it to do.
You may even end up with a website that doesn’t do anything. If you’re working with a web developer, you need to make sure you’re staying on the same page.
It’s important to understand what your developer needs from you to build your website.
If you can share your vision, expected outcome, & a detailed feedback with your developer, then your website will turn out exactly the way you imagined it.
#4 When you change the scope of work
If you’re working with a designer and you’ve agreed on a certain scope of work, ensure that you don’t change your mind about that scope of work once you’ve started working on it.
Because you may need to pay for those changes if you ask your Indian developer for changes to the scope of work. If you’re not paying for these changes, then you’re wasting time and money. It’s important to stick to the original scope of work that you agreed on with your developer.
Changing the scope of work can affect you in a few ways.
- First, it can slow down the development process and lead to delays.
- Second, it can affect the budget and the budget can be the difference between a successful and unsuccessful project.
- Third, it can lead to unexpected results.
Taking care of your website development budget is very important. And defining the scope of work before starting your web development is the best thing you could do to avoid overspending on your website.
Recommended post: 6 Ways to get a low-cost website development proposal
#5 When you choose a wrong platform
Often when you choose the wrong platform to build your website, you may end up losing your money & resources. Therefore, it’s always better to take some time to decide upon a suitable development platform for your website.
Choosing an appropriate web development platform depends on your specific requirements.
For example, if you want to complete your website quickly & cost-effectively yet professionally, you can choose WordPress.
And if you need a lot of customized features, then you can go for the custom PHP coding.
If you are not sure about choosing the right development platform for your website, you can also consult your Indian web developer who can help you to choose the right one.
We’ve had many clients who had burned their monies by choosing the wrong development platform that wasn’t ideal for them. They did end up paying more than their estimated budget because they had to rebuild their website with us from the scratch.
Recommended post: 6 Reasons why you should choose WordPress for your website development